01 augusti 2006

Måste

Ja, oj.
Jag hittar massa saker nu när jag ska flytta och måste flyttrensa. Jag är bara tvungen att lägga upp mitt tal som jag höll under Engelska C-slutprovet i gymnasiet. Bara tvungen, helt enkelt.

Speech
“What are you optimistic and pessimistic about?”

I would say that I am optimistic about life. My life, the future.

Even though people fight each other, the doom-theories about global warming on earth most certainly is true and humans are still starving to death, I state that life is worth living. Besides, what alternatives have we got?

But, of course, since I am a human being, I’m having a hard time trying to be truly content with life.

I should be happy that I have food on the table, the opportunity to get a proper education and wonderful friends. But I’m not, at least not always. Me, as everybody else in this high-technological, fast speed county create different problems that only exists within us. We have major personality issues, we get fix ideas and we are constantly trying to figure out whom we are. I complain about me, my family, my friends, the food, I complain about not getting everything that I want (as in things) and I often find school either boring or too harsh. My friends are the best but do they really listen to me, or are they, just as me, most of the time too occupied by their own problems to truly care?

Maybe we humans need our crises. Maybe we need something to occupy our mind with, now that we have got enough food, friends, education and no war going on in the vicinity. Maybe we are never truly satisfied?

These thoughts do put me in a sour and pessimistic mood. But although I find it depressing I still (amazingly) try to look upon life in an optimistic way. And at least I’m aware of the fact that I’m not aware of how lucky I am.
Thank you.

1 kommentar:

Linnea sa...

Hallå! Kul att du följer min blogg, även om det är under min minst aktiva period just nu. Har liksom för mycket att göra för att hinna leva. (Nästa vecka åker vi på semester, då ska jag sova.) Det är tusan att det är så svårt att synka och vara på samma ställe samtidigt. Men skam den som ger dig. Jag har inga planer på att flytta det närmsta året, så snart kan du ju förhoppningsvis hälsa på både Maja och mig inte alltför långt ifrån varandra (kanske blir det till och med så att jag och Maja hamnar i SAMMA stad nästa år, om hon nu inte bestämt sig för att gå i Linköping ändå).
Ja ja. Hoppas det blir fint vart du nu ska bo (Halmstad?) - nån gång när det är lite lugnare kanske jag försöker ta mig söderut i landet och tar med mig min respektive (fatta, jag är sambo!).
Kram!